HOTEL & TRAVEL INFORMATION
HOTEL BOOKING & INFORMATION
Firehouse Expo will be held at the Greater Columbus Convention Center with numerous hotel options either connected to or in walking distance of the venue. Click the button below to view hotel options and pricing. Book early to reserve your preferred accommodations!
PLEASE NOTE: Connections Housing is the ONLY official housing vendor for Firehouse Expo. If you are contacted by non-affiliated hotel groups, please be aware that they could be scams. Connections Housing is the only vendor endorsed by Firehouse Expo.
5 REASONS TO LOVE COLUMBUS:
- Columbus has plenty of space: Newly renovated 1.8-million-sq.-ft. Greater Columbus Convention Center offers 373,000 sq. ft. of contiguous exhibit space, 75 meeting rooms and three ballrooms. By 2022, the center will have 2,700 connected hotel rooms, of more than 5,000 total downtown.
- Columbus is easy to get to: Centrally located, Columbus is within 550 miles of nearly half the nation’s population, just a one-day’s drive or one-hour flight.
- Columbus is easy to get around: The city’s compact convention package offers facilities, hotels, dining and entertainment options all within walking distance of one another. For those who don’t care to walk, free transportation is conveniently available throughout downtown.
- Columbus visitors have distinct experiences: The Greater Columbus Convention Center sits at the center of the “Five on High” neighborhoods, each offering distinct experiences at many only-in-Columbus venues and facilities.
- Columbus is having its time in the spotlight: The New York Times, Chicago Tribune and TripAdvisor have all recently named it a top destination to visit.
GETTING TO DOWNTOWN COLUMBUS:
John Glenn International is just 10 minutes from downtown and traveling between the airport and downtown is easy, with a variety of options for doing so. Answers to any questions regarding transportation can be found at the welcome center in baggage claim.
AirConnect Express Bus
Express bus service runs between John Glenn International, the Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC) and downtown hotels. The connector stops at baggage claim every 30 minutes and costs $2.75 each way. Tickets can be purchased at a kiosk with credit cards (only) or on-board with cash (only).
Traditional taxi service provided by Yellow Cab of Columbus or Orange Cab of Columbus as well as ride-hailing services Lyft and Uber are available at the airport 24 hours a day. Average taxi fare from the airport to downtown is typically $25 and the average UberX or Lyft fare is approximately $15.
The following auto rental agencies have check-in counters on the ground floor of an on-site, attached garage at John Glenn International: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. For those who prefer an on-demand option, the world’s leading car-sharing network, Zipcar, also has vehicles of all sizes available for pick-up at the airport.
More than 30 charter bus, limousine, and shuttle companies can accommodate pre-arranged transportation needs for an individual or groups from the airport to any point in the city.